In this episode of How I Got My Job (mp3, 30:37, 28.5 MB), Kevin Kimball shares how he got a job as Senior Director of Corporate Marketing and Communications. He shared how he valued the transparency of those whom he had interviewed with and also shared some perspectives of moving from large companies to a smaller company.
If you have a job-hunting success story you’d like to share, please e-mail your contact information to successstories AT howigotmyjob DOT com, and we’ll get in touch to set up an interview.
- Find other job-hunting success stories at http://howigotmyjob.com
- More job-hunting and career development information at http://getthatjobonline.com
Please share this episode with someone else who is looking for a job, and tell others about the show. They will thank you for it.
Kevin Kimball is a communications executive who promotes and protects the reputations of companies by developing integrated, cost-effective communications programs.
He is currently senior director, corporate marketing and communications at Force10 Networks in San Jose, CA. There, he is responsible for all worldwide external and internal communications. He’s held similar corporate marketing and communications leadership positions in Hitachi, Cadence Design Systems, Philips Semiconductors, Siemens and GE.
Currently based in Los Altos, CA, he’s originally from Upstate New York and has worked in Boston, New York City, New Jersey and Munich, Germany. He’s also gained considerable on-the-ground experience in various parts of Asia Pacific.
In his spare time, he enjoys his family, playing and observing sports (Boston Red Sox and the New York Giants), reading fiction and non-fiction, movies, traveling and collecting contemporary art.
Did you like this post? If so, please subscribe right now!
Get this and other job-hunting success stories from the source at www.howigotmyjob.com
Enjoyed it? Please share it!
Possible related articles by Zemanta
- 10 ways PR and marketing are every bit as powerful as trusted peers (socialmediatoday.com)
- Raleigh N.C.|NC State Hires New PR Chief (raleighpublicrelations.com)
- Balihoo Predicts Top Local Marketing Trends for 2010 (prweb.com)
- Is Social Media Transformational? Thoughts from UGA Connect 2009 (socialmediatoday.com)
- A Pair of Social Media Predicaments (gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com)